Research & Strategy
Is the internet important to your business?
Dinkum Interactive’s comprehensive research and assessment process is a “results-oriented” analysis that is crafted to supercharge your internet marketing. This in-depth review – covering everything from keywords and code to competitors and conversions – is the foundation for a winning online strategy.
The ultimate deliverable is a play-by-play report documenting your internet marketing goals, current activities, online competition, a recommended strategy, and implementation steps. Through this comprehensive approach, we’re able to help our clients develop sophisticated and impactful strategies that are grounded in data and include real-life considerations such as budget, timeframe, expected return on investment (ROI), and a process for measuring success.
Our Research Projects Typically Include:
- Keyword Strategy
- Competition Analysis
- Website Code / Structure
- User Interface
- Conversion Flow
- Analytics & Goal Tracking
- Social Media Properties
- Email Marketing
- Incoming Links & Quality
- Website Speed
- and more!
Step 1 Marketing Analysis
Like any marketing effort, our first step is to thoroughly understanding each client’s unique environment, business processes, current activities, and goals. We approach this from the online perspective, but also document offline activities to see what synergies exist to be leveraged during an online campaign. We look to answer the following questions:
- Where are you going in the next 6, 12, 18 or more months?
- What factors are at play in your industry or your company?
- What kind of resources do you have internally or externally?
- What kind of return do you need on your marketing investments and how do you quantify that?
- What is your definition of success in online marketing?
Step 2 Situation and Competitive Analysis
We want to understand and document your specific Internet marketing space and get to know your competition. To do this we review analytics data to understand your past performance, we dig into your past activities to understand the results you may have achieved in various channels (paid, organic, referrals, email marketing), and we dig deeply into your online competitors.
Step 3 Audit All Accounts, Websites, and Online Initiatives
What exists currently and how has it performed over time? We compare all of your online assets to known best practices, ranging from code structure and keyword strategy to user interface and conversion flow. We spend a lot of time with your KPI’s (key performance indicators) to understand the user activity that drives your business and to compare these KPI’s to your articulated goals. We ensure that sufficient tracking of these critical actions is in place.
Step 4 Develop a Campaign and Keyword Strategy
Once we know your business pretty well, and have looked through reams of data, we bring ideas to the table to help you consider for accomplishing your goals using online tools. This includes:
- Documenting your target audience(s) and how we suggest reaching them
- Articulating an overall strategy for Internet marketing.
- Refining and getting approval on a keyword strategy to serve as a foundational element of all efforts
Step 5 Articulate an Implementation Process
A strategy is no good without a plan to implement it. We take the bull by the horns and outline the actionable steps needed to implement our recommendations.
- Assets and implementation needs
- A full keyword strategy, including by page by data for the top 50 pages of your site
- Responsibilities: who will do what?
- Proposed timeframes for implementation
If you’re ready to implement key aspects, such as a keyword strategy, we’ll do a baseline report to serve as a benchmark for performance analysis over time.
Contact us About an Assessment Today!