For the longest time, Hangouts On Air on Google+ was for a limited number of people. I was one of the lucky ones who had a chance to beta test it while it was in its infancy. Now it’s open to the public and the creativity and innovation on Google+ has grown exponentially. People are coming up with some great new concepts for shows and podcasts using this feature.
Here’s a run down of what to expect from Hangouts On Air (HOA):
- You don’t have to be a media celebrity to have fun with HOA. Just get out there and have fun.
- You can connect your YouTube channel to your Google+ account and your HOA will also go live on YouTube simultaneously.
- You should plan a course for the HOA. Is it just to chat? Is it a structured show? Either way have a game plan.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. No one ever got good at something right away without making mistakes. Mistakes are part of the process.
There are many uses for HOA for business.
- Host a weekly podcast about your subject matter to become influential in your space.
- Interview thought leaders in your space.
- Do hands on demonstrations (build stuff on HOA).
- Sponsor other HOAs to get your name out there.
The uses for HOA are limitless. At Dinkum we constantly work with our clients to push the envelope online. HOA is one of those cogs that makes our jobs as Internet marketers so much fun.
As with anything, if you have questions or are having trouble figuring out HOA reach out to me on Google+. I’d love to hear your ideas and help you figure out the best way to make it work.
Now go get broadcasting!